Smart Control is the solution of Intesa Sanpaolo for business customers who need to make “card-not-present” purchases by using Mastercard circuit.
In particular, this is about a digital platform generating Virtual Card, an electronic payment instrument allowing companies to pay suppliers, with the option to choose when to repay the expenses incurred in a highly safe, effective and more controlled way.
- More compliance, security and control of all transactions, allowing to reach greater efficiency in both strategic purchases and in more relevant payments;
- More efficiency in payment processes by automation: it is possible to reduce internal costs, time and efforts of some business processes and get richer data analytics, useful for negotiation and suppliers management;
- Cash flow optimization: Virtual cards allow to manage more advantageously and effectively relations with suppliers, compared to other payment instruments, such as bank transfers (ie. advance payments, access to more discounts).
Main features of the virtual cards
- “Really virtual”: no need of any physical card
- Valid for one or more pre-determined payments
- They can be generated only upon approval, with a one-to-one control
- They can be transmitted to suppliers with high standard of safety, at the moment of the payment (eg. encrypted email); this is an optional service
- They can be used with all suppliers who accept Mastercard cards
- They are identified with an id number for the accounting process